July 4, 2012

Everything Is British And Everything Hurts or The Best Of The Brits or The Brit Awards or I'm So British or I Wish I was Born In England

My dad went to England, Britain, UK, The United Kingdom or whatever the hell you call it. 

I have decided to do a British appreciation post, so make some tea and biscuits and enjoy =D


British Music
The Beatles > "Help! Can anybody help?" I just found the greatest band in history 

David Bowie > Ziggy played guitar and had mismatched eyes 

The Sex Pistols > The first and most awesome punk rock band. God Save The Queen!

Coldplay > If you don't like them then "I will try to fix you"

The Cure > Whenever I listen to you "You make me feel like I am home again"

Asking Alexandria > They are "Rock and roll at it's fucking finest"

You Me At Six > "If I were in your shoes" I'd listen to this band

Queen > You are "Under Pressure" to like this band

Siouxsie and The Banshees > This band has me "Spellbound"

The Who > If you don't know who they are, you are dumb 

The Smiths > "You've got everything" if you listen to them

Bauhaus > "Bela Lugosi is dead, he's dead" but this bands music will live forever 

Enter Shikari > "It is fate" you shall like this band

Iron Maiden > "I can hear them floating on the wind"

One Direction > This band "Stole My Heart"

(I apologize if your favorite band is not on this list, a full list of English bands can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_England)

British TV:
Doctor Who > You will never forget your first Doctor

Sherlock > You are going to deduct that this show is the bomb!

Downton Abbey > This is a bloody good show

Torchwood > Doctor Who spin off series staring Captain Jack Harkness, what's not to love?

(All British television programmes are here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_television_programmes)

British Actors:
All British actors are amazing so they all go on here 

British Books:
Harry Potter > If you don't like this story, please go away =]

Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit > Do I even have to explain why these are good?

Any thing by Jane Austen, Charles Dickens or William Shakespeare

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy > More proof that England is awesome. Seriously read these books

Lord Of The Flies > Iconic book for boys

Alice Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass > This book is actually good

A Room With A View > I've heard this is a good love story. 

A Clockwork Orange > Good book, good movie

Dracula > I feel bad that I haven't read this yet

Sherlock Holmes > Read it!!

Any thing by Agatha Christie

Okay pretty much any classic book can go on this list

(Full list here http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/british)

British Movies:
 This list will be too long so here is a helpful link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_films


We must not forget about their very sexy accents and their tea and crumpets 

So there you have it. England is pretty awesome!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Comment! Comment